Are you interested in developing closer relationships within the church body? Life groups are a great way to do so! Groups typically meet once or twice per month off campus in casual settings and are available for people of a wide variety of ages and stages in life. Life groups help us come alongside each other as we “do life” together as Christians. They provide an atmosphere of open and authentic relationships which are best used of God to bring us to spiritual wholeness and maturity. Jesus modeled for us the importance of a Life Group when He met with the 12 disciples.
The mission of a life group is to create Biblical disciples in relational environments (Acts 2:42-47). They are the model for how the church is to function in relationship with God and each other. (Hebrews 10:25)
Life Groups are Jesus’ model for discipleship by:
- Doing life together in everyday relationships and through everyday opportunities.
- Celebrating the life and faith we have in Jesus. (Gal. 2:20, John 10:10)
- Pointing others to the life they can receive through Jesus. (John 3:16, 14:6)
- Reproducing the life and faith of Jesus by making disciples of others. (Matt. 28:19-20)
- Shepherding disciples through God’s word and ministering to their needs. (Acts 20:28, 1 Peter 5:2-4, Heb. 13:20-21)
- Holding each other accountable to the work and grace of God in our lives. (Eph. 2:8-10, Titus 2:14)
For more information about Life Groups, contact: